Mission & Guiding Principles
JWU’s mission: “Johnson & Wales University ... an exceptional education that inspires professional success and lifelong personal and intellectual growth.”
In support of our mission and recognizing the importance of preserving our unique student-centered culture, we are guided by the following principles:
- Undertake continuous improvement and planning for a sustainable future.
- Foster an evidence-based teaching and learning environment.
- Support faculty scholarship to advance our status as a teaching and learning institution.
- Maximize student potential by enriching our academic programs with experiential and work-integrated learning.
- Value our faculty and staff.
- Embrace diversity for a richly inclusive community.
- Practice ethical citizenship in all aspects of university life.
- Act as a good steward of our resources to support the needs of our students, faculty, and staff.
University Essential Learning Outcomes
Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to succeed in their chosen profession.
Foundation for Lifelong Learning
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Global and Community Citizenship
Graduates will demonstrate the necessary skills, including an awareness of ethical responsibility and cultural/ global diversity, to live and work collaboratively as contributing members of society.