Our curriculum empowers you to broaden your horizons.
Are you interested in a different kind of academic experience? Looking for the widest possible range of unique experiences to help you create the future you want? Ready to jump right in and make it happen? Then you’ll excel at Johnson & Wales.
Unlike other colleges, here you’ll take classes in your major right from the start, so you can spend all four years having the type of related experiences that will build your resume. Not yet sure what your passion is? No problem, you’ll work with your own personal advisor to explore your interests and then tailor an academic roadmap to achieve your goals.
You won’t be lectured at in large halls here, either. Instead, you’ll work in small groups to discuss concepts and ideas, analyze real-world problems and develop solutions. You’ll interact and do, not just listen.
Whether in class or in our unique learning labs that simulate real-world work environments, you’ll get inside your field of interest and work on real projects. Why? Because active learning is not only a more effective way of learning, it’s a lot more interesting, too.
Many of our faculty have significant industry
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
How is JWU different?
- Academics: Dive into your chosen field of study. Take classes in your major, starting your first year.
- Enrich your education through our Arts & Sciences Core Curriculum. Learn to think critically. Analyze problems. Communicate effectively.
- Faculty: Meet your career mentor at JWU.
- Labs: Build real-world, professional skills in our labs.
- Internships are a core part of JWU academics. Work on projects with real companies. Don’t just study what you love — dive into your industry at JWU.
- Study Abroad: Go global at 40+ Study Abroad sites on 6 continents.
- Career Focus: Build career connections to succeed at JWU.
- Visit Us: Learn about JWU from those who know it best — our students.