Having traveled to over 36 countries, Carla White Ellis's passion for learning and culture has continued to grow. She has taught both state-side and abroad, at both the community college and university levels, and in both face-to-face and online classrooms.
Her expertise in adult learning, multicultural education and ESL allows her to connect with her students, both domestic and international. White Ellis has presented at regional and national conferences on these various interests.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Areas of Expertise
- Post Secondary and Adult Education
- TEFL Certificate, Post Secondary and Adult Education, Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Johnson & Wales University, Online & Teaching Certificate
- The Learning Resources Network, Certified Faculty Developer
- The Collaborative of Rhode Island, 2017. “Job retention and growth in Rhode Island: An analysis of successful models in the US,” 2017. Authors: C. White Ellis + K. Peno
- ProQuest, “A Foreign Affair: A Phenomenological Study of Barriers to Adult Liberian Refugees’ Success in the American College Classroom,” 2013.
- Fine Lines, “Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Diverse Adult Learner,” 2012.